Zippo’s genuine wick will keep your windproof lighter working at optimum performance. Comes in a sealed packaged.
- 1 wick per package
- Fits all Zippo windproof lighters
- Measurements: 100mm (4 inches)
Replacing the wick
- Replace when the wick in your Zippo windproof lighter becomes black from carbon
- To replace the wick pull the wick up with pliers until clean wick appears
- Cut it off even with top of chimney and straighten the wick in the chimney
How to use
First remove the insert from the lighter case.
Using a small screw driver or a coin, slowly remove the spring. The spring has tension so be sure it doesn't fly away.
Remove the remaining piece of flint by gently tapping the insert against a hard surface. Once it is removed, use an unfolded paper clip to remove any stubborn flint slivers or residue from the flint tube.
Insert a new flint into the flint tube.
Replace the flint spring and turn clockwise until tight. If the screw isn't fully tightened teh lid will not close.
After fully tightening teh spring you may want to keep extra flints under the felt pad so you always has them handy for future use.
Put the insert back into the lighter case and make sure the lid can fully close. if the flint wheel binds, turn the wheel backwards a few times.