TheL-2B flight jacket was introduced in the early 1950s for use in light temperature zones (50 to 86 degrees F). Initially the bomber was only used by the U.S. Air Force which is why the USAF insignia was put on the sleeve. The flight jacket went through many specification updates including the removal of the oxygen tab, snap tabs and epaulets, along with the USAF logo as the jacket was eventually adopted by the Navy and other branches of the armed forces.
- The L2B Scout has two snap-closure hand pockets and two interior pockets with snap closure.
- It features Alpha's signature zippered utility/pencil pocket with Remove Before Flight key chain on the sleeve.
- Rib knit collar, cuffs and waistband.
- Matte black zipper with metal aluminum teeth.
- No fill Standard fit.
- Machine wash cold with like colors.
- Use non-chlorine bleach if needed.
- Tumble dry low
- Do not iron
- Or dry clean