美國海軍如何對付失眠? How does US Soldiers treat insomnia?
We all know that sleep is very important, but few really understand "sleep". Living in the city, just like on the battlefield, you face all kinds of pressure all the time. Even if you are physically and mentally tired, you may not be able to sleep well. Have you ever thought about how a soldier can sleep well on the battlefield where is full of danger and fear? The secret is that they have a systematic method of sleeping?
During the Second World War, due to pressure on the battlefield, some American fighter pilots caused severe insomnia and made many horrible mistakes that could have been avoided easily. Even if the pilot checked the card (a kind of sleep card, there is a time to sleep), they could not relax and fell asleep. Their pressure and fatigue accumulate and finally make fatal mistakes. Therefore, the US Navy developed a scientific method (simple 4 steps) which allows the pilots to fall asleep during the day or night in less than two minutes. After training, 96% of pilots can fall asleep in two minutes or less.
The Sleep Method as follows:
- Relax the muscles in your face, including tongue, jaw and the muscles around the eyes
- Drop your shoulders as far down as they’ll go, followed by your upper and lower arm, one side at a time
- Breathe out, relaxing your chest followed by your legs, starting from the thighs and working down
- You should then spend 10 seconds trying to clear your mind before thinking about one of the three following images:
- You’re lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you
- You’re lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room
- You say “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think” to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds.